Sunday 11 March 2012

Leather flower bud earrings


My Mom is a furniture engineer and some time ago she worked at a furniture factory where they used leather among other upholstery materials. That’s how I ended up with some leather swatches. It took me some long years to find a way to use them in my handcrafted jewellery to my satisfaction :). And here it comes – a new material combination and a new design.

Leather and frothy lava earrings - by Uva - DaWanda

Leather was always one of my favourite materials to work with. It has the same live warm feeling as wood. I made a bracelet and a pair of clip-on earrings from Mom’s old gloves back to my teen years. I still have them although those black leather clip-ons look slightly out of fashion nowadays. So, as you can see, I have a long history of nice emotions dealing with leather.


I prefer to use leather cord for the most of my handmade necklaces in my present jewellery designs. I think it goes perfectly both with lava and silver, creating that Earthy, organic yet modern look. Now I’m happy I have found a way to incorporate this wonderful media into my earring design as well. Hope you will like it too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment