Monday 20 February 2012

New necklaces



I have recently finished two necklaces with lava from Hekla volcano and two more are waiting for a leather cord, which I hope to get tomorrow. Those ones will also be with lava and lava beads.

Going to make more and maybe better pictures and put them up on my website and in DaWanda shop .

Meanwhile have a sneak peek! :)




 This one is quite big - 5 x 3.3 cm. The fine silver spiral is attached only at the top and swings freely. The spiral is decorated by random incision pattern and has a grain of volcanic sand to puzzle people ;). Two sliding knots allow to adjust the length of the leather cord from 42 to almost 80 cm.











The necklace looks big on Amelia, my beautiful dummy, but it doesn't look so big on average human chest.

I think it has some organic feel and can make a statement :).













The other handmade and one-of-a-kind silver necklace I would have called  EarthBerry (but I wouldn't cause I don't like to give names to the accessories). Lava bead is snugly hugged by lace fine silver cup. The risen areas of the lace "ball" have been polished and give a nice sparky but subtle appearance. I believe the garnet chip adds a final touch (the item looked somehow unfinished without it).

The size of the "berry" is 2.5 x 2 cm (without sterling silver fitting for a chain).

This handmade fine silver "berry" looks really nice on silver-plated 42 cm long snake chain with sterling silver fastening. I mean I have tried a leather cord first - the pendant and the cord clashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment